2021 1 oz American Gold Eagle (Type 2)
- Available to you in a capsule and black presentation box with a Certificate of Authenticity!
- 35th-anniversary year of issue for the 1 oz Proof American Gold Eagle!
- Brand-new Type 2 eagle design on the reverse!
- Limited mintage of only 5,625 Type 2 coins!
- Contains 1 Troy oz of actual gold content.
- The face value of $50 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- On the obverse is a depiction of Liberty from Augustus Saint-Gaudens.
- The reverse side bears a new depiction of the bald eagle.
- Anti-counterfeiting reeded edge variation.
- Enhanced obverse has improved visuals on the Capitol, torch, sun rays, and stars.
- W mint marks from the West Point Mint.
The US Mints introduction of the new 2021 Proof American Gold Eagle Coin with the Type 2 design marks a turning point for the series. After 35 years in production with the original reverse design from Miley Busiek, the family of bald eagles that once graced the coin is now replaced by a stirring depiction of a single bald eagle with the focus on the head. This new design was created by Jennie Norries, a member of the US Mint Artistic Infusion Program. In addition to a new reverse design, the US Mint has enhanced some of the design details on the obverse field to include legacy images as originally developed by Augustus Saint-Gaudens in 1907.
All of these 2021-W 1 oz Proof American Gold Eagle Coins are available to purchase with capsules around the coin and black presentation boxes to house the coin. The box slides into an outer shipper that has an artistic depiction of the new reverse eagle design on its cover. The Certificate of Authenticity included, bears an image of Lady Liberty as found on the obverse of the coins.
On the obverse of 2021-W Proof American Gold Eagles is that famous Lady Liberty depiction Augustus Saint-Gaudens created in 1907. It depicts Liberty in front-facing relief as she walks with the sun at her back toward the viewer holding up a large torch and carrying an olive branch in her left hand.
The reverse side of the 2021-W 1 oz Proof Gold Eagle comes with an all-new image of the bald eagle. This impressive new design features the head of the eagle in left-profile relief with incredible detail. Each feather in its plumage is captured with impressive, realistic detail. The new Type 2 coins also have a reeded edge variation as part of the US Mints effort to enhance the security of these popular gold bullion coins.
As low as: $2,220.58
|1 - 9
|10 - 19